Date unknown...
It had been a trap. The humans where waiting for us and we where all capture or worst dead. I had failed to foresee their trap, I had failed everyone. I have no idea why my gift had failed in warning me of this trap or how the humans seamed to know exactly where we would all be and exactly what abilities we all possessed. How they had all been able to see thru the glamour spell. The illusion that the spell bestowed should have fulled the sight of a human if any crossed out path. Not only had the humans seen thru the spell but some showed signs of having strength and speed at almost supernatural levels. I had heard rumors of their experiments and their genetic manipulations, but these humans glowed with magic. I could still hear Adam's voice growling in his impressive snow white wolf form. "The reek of magic Lyceous. Old and dark magic," before he dashed to fight a group of superhumanly fast soldiers who had been flanking Huthesis and Luke. We fought for our lives, the anger of seeing my friends in danger awoke in me a power I had no idea laid withing me. The air around me crackled with intense power, the earth quaked at my feet. I felt as if anything I willed would come to pass. As the strength of my friends began to fail, I willed their strength anew and witness them fight on with new refreshed and stronger wills.
One of the soldiers took careful aim at Huthesis with some device I had never encountered.The thing he was holding shot a long metal chain with a ear piercing cry, bringing Huthesis to her knees. I willed my new found power to protect her and it answered my request. Forming a powerful shield around her of pure energy. Huthesis scanned the battle, in an attempt I assume to find where this magic protecting her came from. I flashed her a smile letting her know that I was the cause. She inturn shook her head violently from side to side as if trying to shake a horrific vision from her sight. She began to yell "No, no, no. This can't be. No, not now." her voice full of panic. My heart shattered, she should have been happy I saved her life, she should have been grateful. My visions started to turn red at the edges with rage. How could she had been so ungrateful, I had saved her life. I had save all of their lives. Then with a loud crack my vision went black and my body crashed against the cold wet floor.
Now I stood shackled to some wall in the human compound asking my self what in hell had happened.
I hear the air lock releasing on the automatic door and the muffled voices of what seamed excited chatter.
"Leave me with him, I'll break him. He will tell me what we need to know." spoke in deep man's voice.
"But sir, I am to document everything." yelped a second man's voice. This voice has higher in pitch and much more nasal than any voice should ever be allowed to be.
"Little Cromius, I have to do this alone. You wouldn't want to make me unhappy would you." responded the first man's voice in a well rehearsed tone.
"No, no sir. As you wish sir." chirped who I assumed was "Little Cromius" followed by the sound of quick agitated foot steps.
"Well, well. A real life Atlantian in our mist. To think that we thought all of you where extinct like the vile vermin you are." spat the deep voice. "Open your eyes and look at your end you worm of vomit."
I opened my eyes but not because he had told me to but because my rebut would have a stronger effect if I stared the man down. "Nice line did you steal it from the dummies guide to being an evil guy? Whats next, you gonna tell me your whole plan for world dominion and then make some lame and elaborate attempt to kill me which I escape?" my voice came out hoarse. Making me wander how much time had I spent unconscious ...
No comments:
Post a Comment