Friday, June 10, 2011

Date Unknown....

The last time I had used a sleeper hold on someone, I had been ten years old. My wonderful witty and unstoppable tongue had gotten me in trouble with one of the local bullies. I was smaller than most kids, if not all the kids in my class. But what I lacked in size I made up with a sharp tongue. And The fact that I knew I packed enough magical power at the age of ten to shuffle around the streets of my entire town like a bad jigsaw puzzle didn't help to keep me modest. It took my parents three days to undo my handy work, between setting everything back to its original place and work some major memory magic on everyone who noticed.

Jean, the meanest and biggest bully wanted my lunch money. And it turned out that "if you went a diet piglet you wouldn't need to steal peoples lunch money!" Was not a very effective comeback to someone offering you a "knuckle sandwich" if you "didn't hand over your lunch money." Jean Brown, was a four foot five, ninety pound ten year old. I was a slim four foot, with a sixty eight pound weight when soaking wet.

J.B. as his minions called him, punch me straight in the face, keeping true on his "knuckle sandwich promise." My vision filled with stars and I think I hear every bird in creation both flying and singing around my head, just like the images in the cartoons. I violently shock my head from side to side trying to shake the stars and the pain spreading across my face, but that proved to be a not so smart idea. It caused my stomach to turn and my breakfast tried to use the opportunity to escape. J.B. lifted his way to big for a ten year old, but completely ok for an ogre arms, and roared in triumph and his minions, mindlessly cheered his apparent triumph.

"It ain't over till the fat lady sings piglet and I'm going to make your fat ass sign!" I shouted. As I rushed J.B. with impossible speed, impossible for must humans, but I'm not entirely human if you haven't cough up to that point yet.

Before J.B. even noticed I was back on my feet, with my hands wrapped around his tree trunk size neck, and with a whispered incantation I had memorized in case of an emergency just like this one. I augmented my strength, J.B. unable to fight back, went peacefully to sleep.

Now my hands where wrapped around Nurse Sharkie's neck in the same manner they had been once wrapped around Piglet's. Interesting how the only two people I have ever used the sleeper hold, resembled animals. I had to remember to come up with a good joke after I managed to escape where ever the hell I was. I whispered the same incantation to augment my strength and make the sleeper hold more effective, and bamm! The happy sharp tooth doctor hit the ground like a sack of fish.

I kept my promise and used his body like a giant Mr Clean Magic Eraser, and erased the drawn power circle breaking the hold it had on both me and my magic. Took a moment to re-draw it and call its magic up once more. Keeping the good old doc in there for a long while, hopefully giving me enough time to find a way out of whatever this place was and if I got lucky find my friends, and maybe even some answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment